Saturday, January 9, 2016

Copycat recipe...MMMMMM!


So I am addicted to Starbucks peppermint mocha. The only problem is they are only around during the holidays...(insert frowny face here). As many know, you can purchase any syrup flavor in a 1 litre bottle from starbucks or their online store. So I decided to create my own peppermint mocha at home…



I started with 6 oz milk in a small pot. On medium heat I add 1 to 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, and 2-3 pumps peppermint syrup. I whisk constantly until mixed thoroughly and hot (not boiling. You should never boil milk).

Using my hand frother, I blend until foamy! Add this to 6 oz strong brewed coffee and top with whipped cream to taste. You could add peppermint chips or chocolate shavings if desired.



I'm sure you noticed I did not include sugar in my recipe. I prefer my coffee without sugar in it so that is why it has been omitted from this recipe. You can add sugar or sugar substitute to your desired likeness as well!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment